TRIBUTES & TALENTS
Join Mental Fitness as we REDEFINE NORMAL
in local communities across the nation!
Our Tributes & Talents Initiative is an opportunity for you to share your personal story of healing, survival, inspiration and resilience through your written work or video performance/presentation.
Mental Fitness Inc. proudly presents the Tributes & Talents Series, an ongoing initiative to help reduce the mental health stigma by promoting safe and open communication and demonstrating various forms of healthy expression. The series includes uplifting messages from a diverse collection of people who have overcome challenges and found happiness after experiencing adversity, loss or other hardship.
The Tributes & Talents Series invites individuals or groups who have been touched by mental illness either personally or through the struggles endured by a loved-one to share a story of healing, survival and hope. Stories may be shared in written or artistic form through music, spoken word, poetry, monologue, song, dance, comedy and more.
If you don’t consider yourself a talented performer, that’s okay! The “Tributes” portion of this campaign is specifically for you. Your story may address your personal journey or the journey of someone else who has impacted your life. Entries may be submitted in honor or in memory of a loved-one to show gratitude, respect, or admiration. However, we do ask that you only provide the individual’s first name, a fictitious name, or a nickname.
The Tributes & Talents Series will be promoted October 1-December 31 during The Bright Lights Campaign, a fundraising initiative designed by Mental Fitness to spread awareness about the profound impact of holiday stress and the winter blues on the mental health of many individuals. These powerful stories will continue to be shared and promoted throughout the year to support various Mental Fitness initiatives.
We hope you and/or your group will join this initiative by sharing your story through a performance/presentation video or written piece of work.
ENTRY GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
- Submit an entry form online at https://mentalfitnessinc.org/tributes-talents.
- All content must be kept at a PG-13 rating and family-friendly.
- Please submit a recent headshot or personal photo along with your entry.
- Video presentations and performances are preferred, but not required.
- Video Entries: Length should be a minimum of 2-minutes and a maximum of 5-minutes.
- You may record your video using a digital camera, iMovie, web camera or phone.
- It is preferred that you use the .mov format at 16:9 (4:3 also is acceptable).
- Visual Art Entries: Attach photos or videos of an original piece of visual art and include a description of why the piece is significant to you.
- Written Work Entries: Length is recommended, but not required, to be between 250-750 words.
- For more information, please contact Lori Burney, Executive Director, at 864.437.6718.